Saturday, January 13, 2007

Plummet - Finally

Time to re-try the plummet.

First thing, I need some sims.

Jan Tellerman is called in to play


And another sim....

First thing I did was to build their relationship to romance. I have not given up on the idea that woohoo may increase chance of a plummet. I'm ready to get this going and to get a broken elevator. The next thing I did was to use a green snap near them to bring their needs down. Needs low but not to low. I don't want them to die of hunger before they plummet to their possible death.

After I gave up on the last try, I added another set of elevators. Put them in and left them to age. Change the floor plan. This time, I used green snaps and pink snaps to help keep their needs in a good place. The only NEED I have to watch is energy. Energy is taken care of by coffee or quick naps. A single plate of jello for extreme low hunger. Goal was to keep their plumbob red. From my experience with scared to death and electric deaths, its the combo of all needs. If they are (combined) to be low, they will die from the death. The plumbob doesn't even have to be red for them to die. To help increase the chance, I tried to keep them RED. Its a risk with so many ghosts around.

I spend a few days sending them up and down.... down and up.... woohoo in every elevator. Then send up... send down until....

Finally, I noticed the buttons grayed out. I froze the game.



I noticed a dust pile at the bottom of the oldest row of elevators. I zoomed in. I was so excited, I just knew this would be it. As you see her needs are so low that her plumbob is RED.
She exits, she stumbles.
And stumbles with dizzy stars above her head.
She is done, I know it.... she is done for.... I've seen plummets before, but never one that was as dizzy as this one. I check her energy bars. Hunger is so low. Its red with just a tiny hair on the end.
She stumbles and I'm sure she is going to fall to the ground.... GRIMMY I have a sim for you. Come back.
Her head is all swooshy.
She takes another stumble.
and another....
She holds her head and seems to be getting her feet under her.
Come on... check your pulse, grab your throat, hold your tummy.... something.
Nope. NOTHING. She gets her feet under her and then goes off to set in the chair. (SHRUG) WHAT!!!! How could she survive that fall. Her needs are in serious low shape. She survived this. (sigh) HOW!!!

FINE!!! Well I open up the cheat window and put in boolprop. I wanted to check to see if there was a plummet added to Rodney's Death creator. NOPE there wasn't. Its the same as they always were, but there isn't a megaphone one added either. Although that one is like a choking death and the ghost haunts with a megaphone in hand. I can say, this simmer is confused. That sim should have died. I'm not sure why she didn't die of hunger. After many days of attempts, I decide to use some cheats to see if I can "make" it happen. I tried many things and nothing made it happen. No matter how low their needs, they didn't die. I finally had a sim die from starvation. They were so low on the hunger that the sim would have died before getting to food anyway. It didn't really feel like it counted.

Conclusion:

1. Further real game testing needed, one without cheats. With a screen shot of the sims needs at the time of plummet.


During the cheat testing, Jan Tellerman died of starvation. That put this sim into aspiration failure. Nothing that happened during the "cheat code" testing will be scored in the challenge.

2 Comments:

Blogger Simsation said...

I'm really starting to think it's an impossible death!

12:17 AM  
Blogger javajan32 said...

I'm wondering if the elevator death is from electric shock and not plummet. I still have not been able to get it to happen. Have not given up, not yet.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter statistics