Saturday, January 13, 2007

Elevator Death - attempt

My first attempt at the elevator death was set up inside the house. I had three elevators that went to the upper two floors, then 2 that went to the bottom. Spent many sim days sending a sim up and down the elevator... Waiting for it to break. Waiting and waiting and waiting. Well, it finally plummeted, but with a different (unknown) sim. The elevator was in the house so I didn't have a view of all the floors to see it. So I re-arranged my attempt to try again.


Here is my next attempt at the elevator death. The only elevators in the house are the ones along the back wall of the OUTSIDE of the house. Outside, so no matter what floor I am on, I have view of all the elevators. I closed in the bottom with a fence and there are no doors into the house. The area is blocked off to allow only the "select" sims to use the elevator. Next time it plummets, it will be a sim WITH LOW NEEDS. Then the elevator death will be MINE. I work for day after day after (sim) day on the plummet. NOTHING. I read that woohoo in the elevator is suppose to increase the chance of a plummet. Ok lets give that a try. I move two sims into the area, build up their relationship. They woohoo on every floor. Then send them up and down and down and up... and up and down.... for day after day. Send them to woohoo... send them up.... send them down. Day after day.... THEN.....
An electric ghost scares one of the sims.
Its ok, he is just trying to catch his breath. After a big scare, that makes sense.
He checks his pulse. Ok... he looks calm. Everything should be fine.
Wait a second. He looks a little concerned. Hey Simmy, what's with the look. Everything is ok, right? Simmy?
(yikes!!! I guess not) He falls to the ground and grim shows up. GRIMMY GO AWAY. (sigh) This sim was suppose to give me the elevator death point. Come on... get up. I know, I'll send his girlfriend for a game of rock, paper, scissors, with grimmy. That will do it. All will be fine.

I go to find his girlfriend upstairs. WHAT!!! GET AWAY FROM HER. Its too late. The cafeteria cook has just gave her a fright. Her needs were low to, but maybe not low enough.
She checks her pulse.
And to my shock, falls to the ground. So much for the plan of having the zombie girlfriend save him.
On the ground floor is grimmy with the boyfriend. On the third floor, next to the chair lays the girlfriend zombie. What's the odds, two death by frights back to back. I can recall working and working to get the fright death. This isn't suppose to happen. Its suppose to be nearly impossible to get. (sigh)
Grimmy takes the elevator to the third floor. I hold my breath thinking it will probably plummet at this time.
Nope, he made it to the top.


Does his little grim magic and takes her away too.
Lights on to see the zombie a little better.



Since I need a fright death for the challenge, I decide to let both of these sims RIP. I'll bring back a couple of other townie cow plant deaths and send them to work on the elevator death. After all that woohoo, those cables have got to give. Unless the woohoo tip is like eating chocolate cookies gives you twins tip from the base game. I'm starting to think the plummet is random just as twin birth, alien abductions and satellite death. I'm not ruling the woohoo tip out just yet, it just didn't happen very fast after using it. I plan to try again. Before I do, I think I will let some days pass to allow the elevators to age. With most items, the age seems to increase the chance of breakage. If that holds true for the elevator, then letting some time pass may be a better idea. I added another row of elevators, because the two sims seem to get in each others way. Then would cancel out the que to use the elevator.

2 Comments:

Blogger Simsation said...

That elevator death is hard! I tried for two sim weeks to get it to happen. No luck. It's funny you got two fright deaths like that back to back. Just like my sat. death, you never know when it's going to happen!

3:41 PM  
Blogger javajan32 said...

This was a fun entry to share. The chance of TWO fright deaths back to back. Earlier in the challenge I was working to get fright. Had a sim in low needs and waited and waited. None of the ghosts wanted to haunt that sim.

Its like wanting Tucker to be the sat. ghost and the game refused to squish him. The first time I sent Mr. Tinker and he got smashed. ROFL

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter statistics